- That's the problem with people. They think the sport is violent. It's not. It's an art, a form of dance. You want to hit without being hit.
- Prove what? To who, myself maybe.
- To make $?? I have a full time teaching job that pays the bills because is an expensive sport and women don't make too much money at all.
- To become famous, ha, there's so many people in the world you are really never famous.
- I box for the discipline it gives me, the confidence, the intensity, the workout, the thrill, the love, the emotions, the unity within the family of boxers, for all of it...
- Since the start of humanity we have fought. For many different reasons including sport. It has become a thrill that people look forward to and get a feeling from that makes them want to watch more.
- If you are not squared up and you use your arms to block body punches and counter then you won't be getting hit there. Truthfully, women don't aim for the breast; you aim for the ribs, and center of belly.
- For the sport. Nothing more. For the feeling that engulfs you while participating in the sport.
- We fight with the same drive, to be a fighter it takes a strong soul. Men get excited for the love of the battle, even better if it's women.
- It's new, sweaty, exciting, and can be women fighting are sexy; do men need any more reasons than one to arouse them?
- Never, for sparring yes, in a fight no. Men are naturally stronger and faster. That would be a mistake unless I was fighting an untrained man. Who was green and off the street...
- It's a little intrusive and she needs counseling...lol...she seems like she is in the ring for the wrong reasons. It's a sport not a battle for life or death.
- Once I inflict pain I want to finish her off.
- The fight is in my blood, the will to survive is in my heart. Anyone who fights inspires me.
- World Championship titles
- Not one in particular, Barbara Buttrick (the first female boxer), Dee Hamaguchi (petitioned to get women to fight in the NYC Golden Gloves at Madison Square Garden), Lucia Rijker (got Top Rank to put her on a TV card), Belinda Lacruente - she has over 50 pro fights.
- Well, heavyweights have always been the big fights except for in the 2000's. Funny how U.S.A. can't get a male heavyweight in the top 5 but we have 2 females in the top 3 - me and Carlette Ewell. I'm working on changing that.
- I didn't fight as a kid, in the street or school.
- Anyone can adjust the weight 90% is what you eat and the other ten is exercise... I am blessed as a Greek... we fall in love with food. I'm a heavyweight for that reason (kidding).
- Skirts are great I wear them when I fight sometimes. The outfit doesn't make the fighter...
- Left hook
Exclusive of the Female Single Combat Club